Monday, May 18, 2009

Our "Graduate"

Today, our middle baby graduated from the Child Development Center that she has attended since she got her first set of shots and was able to start coming with me at two months of age. I really do not know where the time has gone. How is it already possible that at the start of next school year, she will no longer walk in that door with me and Bransyn every Monday and Friday?!?! I will no longer get to see her pass by in the hall, take a peek at her in her class or Music class or Gross Motor class when she doesn't know that I am even watching her, I will no longer be able to go into her classroom just because I want/need to steal a kiss and hug from her. My heart breaks that those moments are forever gone and will only be sweet memories, but at the same time, I am so excited for the new school "adventures" that lie ahead for her. She will get to be at school with her big sister!! How great will that be?!?!?!

the kids performed a few songs, including a Bible verse song

getting her certificate and "Read to Me Bible" from two of her teachers, Ms. R and Ms. D
Ms. L was sick and couldn't be there :(

During the five years Payton attended CDC, she had 11 teachers that have loved on her, let her be who she is, made her laugh, played with her, comforted her, colored with her, sang with her, been just down right goofy with her and most importantly taught her about Jesus. One of my favorite "things" about this year is that ever since Easter and hearing the Easter Story at CDC (and Sunday School at church), everytime....well, almost everytime....she says her prayers, she includes, "Thank you for Jesus dying on the cross for us and that I will see Him up in heaven."
Payton, we are so proud to be your Mommy and Daddy. I wish I could keep you and your sisters from growing up so fast. I feel like we are missing out on so much because everything is moving so quickly. I can't believe that in a little more that three months we will be walking you into your Kindergarten classroom. Although, according to you, you will not be going to Kindergarten because when you got your four year shots and I was trying to console you, I made the mistake of saying, "It'll be OK, you don't have to get shots again until you go to Kindergarten." Really not my brightest and best Mommy moment. You survived the four year shots, you'll survive the Kinder shots and you'll have so much fun at "big kid school"!! We love you very much and pray for you everyday, sweet girl!!
Until next time...




1 comment:

3BoyMom said...

I can't believe it, either...all grown up and going to kindergarten! This made me cry. :)