Thursday, May 1, 2008

Jumping on the band wagon

Yes, "everyone is doing it" so I figure why not jump on the band wagon. Of course, that saying "everyone is doing it" takes me back to my childhood where if those words were spoken, my parents would have to come back with, "If everyone jumped off a cliff would you jump off too?" You know what I mean, we've all heard it, and I have to admit I'm pretty sure I've used it on our oldest daughter as well.

With much "encouragement" from a few of my more experienced blogging friends, I am venturing out into unknown territory. So, Crim, Horton and Allyson this is for you. :) I hope you (and everyone else) enjoy! After putting WAY too much thought into this whole thing, I decided it would be a great way for family and friends to keep up on what is going on in our lives and to possibly keep record of some of the crazieness of our children. You know, the off the wall things that they say or do that you want to remember, but invariably forget. So, here goes...

For blogging purposes, I will refer to my family as Hubby, K, P and B.

K is our oldest daughter. She is 6 years old and is currently in the first grade.

P is our middle daughter. She is 3 years old and attends the pre-school where I work.

B is our baby daughter. She is 2 years old and also attends the pre-school where I work.

Originally, I figured on my first post being more of an introduction of my family with happenings to come, but I actually have some "happenings" of today, you know some of that craziness I mentioned. So I have to share...

Today my sweet friend and co-teacher, Allyson came over with two of her three boys. Yes, she has three boys to our three girls (pre-arranged marriage has been mentioned). She came over so we could work on this wonderful project that we are working on for the kids in our class for the end of the year coming up. Once done it is going to be awesome, but getting there, we can't help but think, "What were we thinking?" So while we are making a mess all over my dining table, our younger four children are happily (and very noisily) playing. When it comes time to pick our older two up from school, Allyson leaves to get them (yes, they go to the same school too), leaving me with the little ones and to continue on with our work. She gets back with the big ones and the energy off those two make things even more crazy and noisy. All of a sudden, the older two along with P come running out to us, all yelling something totally not understandable because they are all YELLING the same thing, but NOT at the same time so it really just sounds like a lot of noise. VERY LOUD NOISE!! When we finally get them quieted to have one of them talk, we find out that our little ones are in the bathroom with toys from the bath tub drinking water out of the toilet. Did you get that?! I said the toilet-THEY WERE DRINKING WATER OUT OF THE FLIPPIN' TOILET!!!!!!! We, of course, go running in there to find our sweet babies with toilet water down the front of their shirts, toilet water all over the bathroom floor, which I hope means that they really dumped out more than they drank, and a half empty toilet bowl. ICK, ICK, ICK, YUCK!!!!! Allyson's question to me, "Do they do this sort of thing when they aren't with my boys?" My response, "Uh, NO!" Her response, "Neither do they." To which I have to wonder, she nor I have never had the drinking out of the toilet scenario before so what in their little brains made them do it now?! I know there are a lot of things we need to clue our kids in on, but I have to tell you, I never thought I would have to be telling me sweet, girlie girls that drinking out of the toilet is something ya just don't do.

Until next time...

6 comments:

Barb said...

yay Shannon! Your blog is so cute! You did a great job...I'm looking forward to future posts! Love you guys! ~Barb

T Witt said...

Shanoon, Great job on your blog. Can't wait to see more. Your right it's a great way to keep up to date. Now, if I could just get on going. Way to start off with a bang with the toitet story !!! Love and miss you guys. Toni

3BoyMom said...

I am laughing and wondering...if our kids are this crazy together, what will our GRANDKIDS be like?!?!?!?
Had fun yesterday, in spite of the incident. Love ya!!!

The Horton Family said...

Ha!!!!!!!!!!!! OH NO! I would die. I'm so sorry. What possessed those little nutjobs??? That was a GREAT first post - I have to say. Maybe the Lord wanted to give you something off the wall to write about!?! Anyway, a little toile water won't kill anybody. But I am with you - Eeeewwwwww, YUCK, ICK, GROSS!!!!

Crim said...

I've had toilet water before - and I'm only moderatly senile :-) so glad you jumped aboard the blog wagon!!

Valerie said...

It will be so fun to read about your family. Great story. Can't wait to read more.