Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sweet...Not So Sweet...Sweet...Not So Sweet...

No, I am not refering to some sort of drink or food item. I am actually referring to my children. Do you ever feel like your kids have a Jekel and Hyde personality? I have had those days and today was definately one of them. One minute they are playing happily and sweetly together and the next minute they are screaming at each other and sounding just evil. When Kendal got home from school, the three of them were happily playing in Payton and Bransyn's room while I was fixing dinner. I am hearing all sorts of laughter one second and the next all three, yes all three of them were crying and carrying on. I still at this moment have no idea what happened because all I could get out of them was, "she hit my head, nuh uh, she hit my head, no she did it, Kendal did it, Payton did it, Bransyn did it". SERIOUSLY??!! At that moment, I was totally at my limit so all I could do was separate them and tell them to stay away from each other...or else! Not sure what the "or else" was, but thankfully they didn't push me on that one. They did their own thing for awhile and got sweet again. Until dinner...

Why is it when they have food placed in front of them that they have never tasted, they automatically say, "I don't like that!"? A rhetorical question, but one that I really wish I could have an answer to. That is so irritating to me! They basically refuse to eat dinner and then want to eat cupcakes, marshmallows, fruit snacks or some other crap food and get all upset when told "No way Jose!!" Kendal did finally force most of hers down so hopefully as the other two get older meals will get easier.

Bransyn and I had a very sweet moment earlier though. I was sitting in the chair at the computer (I seem to be doing that a lot more often lately) and she climbed up in my lap so I had to stop what I was doing. She let me put her in baby hold position, which doesn't happen too often anymore. She laid back, closed her eyes and was sucking her thumb so I started singing "Rock A Bye Baby". When I finished, she opened her eyes and said (around the thumb) "sing it again". We did that routine 10 -15 times before I finally said, "OK that's enough", but who knows how long she would have laid there with me singing that song. Which, quite honestly, is a horrible song that I have never understood..."and down will come baby, cradle and all". But hey, the kids seem to like it so I figure, "if it aint broke"...

It's days like today that I have to just breathe in and breathe out, thank Jesus for my many blessings because I know it could be much worse and hope we all make it to the end of day to bath and bed time. Today we did and tomorrow is a new day. Hopefully a better one. :)

Until next time...

5 comments:

T Witt said...

I know what you mean sweet not so sweet. We have those times OFTEN!!! The boys go through it too. Like you said get through today and hope tomarrow is better.

Bethann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethann said...

Crazy funny Shannon! Of course, I only have one but I sometimes think she is Jekyl and Hyde reincarnated! Her hormones are raging and one minute she's sweet as pie and the next minute I'd like to throw the pie in her face!! Oh well, like you said one day at a time, on in my case one minute at a time! Love reading your blogs!

Crim said...

are you kidding - my boys are ALWAYS SWEET!!!! okay maybe they're only 5 and 8 and already have "reputations" but really they are mostly sweet - and I did have to drag one down the hallway at church the other night so I could beat him in private after I caught him pumling his brother's head WHILE choking him - but really - they have sweet moments - wait - I just remembered that one is grounded for runnng around HIS CLASSROOM WITHOUT A SHIRT ON so you know - maybe they are sweetish on occassion - oh hell - who am I kidding!!!????

3BoyMom said...

They are just the right amount of sweet. Thanks for writing this...tomorrow WILL be better, right? RIGHT?!?!?!?
P.S. Let's have a playdate. We need some Sassie time.