Saturday, May 31, 2008

Lessons from God

God is funny, and I don't mean in the haha sort of way. He shows or teaches us something in sometimes the most unusual ways. We are told in the bible, "In every thing give thanks", but if you're like me, we don't do that. We aren't thankful in every thing, we have a tendency to complain if things or situations in life aren't going our way. But God has a reason for every thing that happens in our lives, even if we don't always understand what they are.

He taught me something EARLY this morning at 1:30. It's kinda silly and nothing that has a huge impact, but a lesson just the same. While I've been "complaining" about our "bedbug" issue, I hadn't been seeing what I should be thankful for in that situation.

At 1:30 in the morning, I am awakened by Payton running into our room crying. And not the typical souding cry, but one that is more of a whimper, something's wrong sort of cry. I jump out of bed just as she gets to our bathroom and vomits all over my bathroom floor and rug. I get the light on and I am standing there in a stupor (not really awake yet) thinking,"Holy cats, no way!!" She proceeds to vomit again (I am now FULLY awake) and I grab her and get her to the toilet just in time. I now have the task of cleaning this mess up, (Crim, are you gagging yet?! :) ) but THANKFULLY it's on a hard surface, rugs can go in the washer and she got out of bed. I finish that and then have to get my poor, pitiful girl bathed. When finished, I get her all dressed again and get blankets to lay on my floor next to me, but she wants to sleep in our bed. I tell her that I am afraid she will throw up in my bed. She says to me, "I won't frow up in you bed, Mommy, I pwomise!" (Not typos) Guess where she slept for the rest of the night?! That's right, our bed!!

I climb back in bed at 2:03 and I am still awake at 2:37, last time I looked at the clock. During that 30 minute time, I am thinking about the "bedbug" issue and thinking that that is much better than what I just had to do as I stare at my precious baby sound asleep as if nothing just happened.

Oh yeah, Jeff and the other two slept through the whole thing. Something else to be THANKFUL for!!

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
I Thessalonians 5:18

Until next time...

3 comments:

3BoyMom said...

You have great perspective. Hope she feels better soon......

Crim said...

ooohhhhh - gggrrroooossssss!!!!

T Witt said...

Funny how God works. I to have bedbug problems I'm sure you can guess who. Glad everything worked out and she is feeling better.